Whether you are an existing charity, or are looking for advice on setting up a charity, we have the specialist legal knowledge to support you. We work with a number of charities from small community-based groups, to large national organisations.
We understand the complexities that charities face in relation to governance and regulation (both from the Charity Commission and/or Companies House) and provide you with the commercially focused legal advice and support that you need as a not-for-profit organisation.
We can help you with:
- Charity law and legislative requirements
- Charitable incorporations & advice on the best structure (charitable trust? a charitable company limited by guarantee? a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)?)
- Drafting governing documents, including articles of association and bye-laws
- Corporate governance, including advice on trustees’obligations and potential liabilities
- Regulatory issues
- Property issues including leases and licences
Many of our partners and solicitors are trustees of, or are involved with, charities and other community organisations. This provides us with a depth of understanding to ensure we can deliver you with advice and solutions with the empathy required.
Need advice from our charity law and regulation experts? Contact Andrew Harbourne on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01522 515591 or Jonathan Mackinder on email@example.com or 01522 515009.