Whether you are an existing charity, or are looking for advice on setting up a charity, we have the specialist legal knowledge to support you. We work with a number of charities from small community-based groups, to large national organisations.
We understand the complexities that charities face in relation to governance and regulation (both from the Charity Commission and/or Companies House) and provide you with the commercially focused legal advice and support that you need.
We can help you with:
- Charity law and legislative requirements
- Charitable incorporations & advice on the best structure (charitable trust? a charitable company limited by guarantee? a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)?)
- Drafting governing documents, including articles of association and bye-laws
- Corporate governance, including advice on trustees’obligations and potential liabilities
- Regulatory issues
- Property issues including leases and llicences
Many of our partners and solicitors are trustees of, or are involved with, charities and other community organisations. This provides us with a depth of understanding to ensure we can deliver you with advice and solutions with the empathy required.