Tom graduated from the University of Plymouth in 2009 with an honours degree in law - LLB (Hons). He gained his Legal Practice Course (with distinction) at the College of Law in York in 2012.
Tom qualified as a solicitor in 2014 and currently works in our dispute resolution team at our Lincoln office. Tom was previously a solicitor in the residential property team which makes him ideally placed to advise upon property disputes.
In 2018 Tom became a member of the Agricultural Law Association. Tom supports the firm's position as regional panel solicitors for the National Farmers' Union in the East Midlands and advises the farming and land-owning community in a broad range of contentious matters.
Tom works closely with the firms Commercial Property departments and Agriculture departments to in respect of a variety of contentious and non-contentious scenarios, including advising as to property rights, notices and procedures.
Tom deals with all areas of litigation with specialist expertise in the following areas:
Landlord and Tenant:
- Possession claims under Rent Act and Housing Act
- The Tenancy Deposit Scheme including recent amendments
- Claims against trespassers
- Recovery of service charge and ground rent arrears including the service of notices under the Law of Property Act
- Forfeiture of commercial leases
- Tenancy Agreements
- Agricultural Tenancies
- Boundary disputes
- Disputes about property ownership (cohabites)
- Applications under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act
- Mortgage Possession claims
- Adverse Possession
- Consumer Credit and Sale of Goods legislation including fitness for purpose and satisfactory quality issues
- Contract disputes