Teresa is the head of our employment law and HR team and has over 15 years' experience of providing specialist support to HR teams across the UK.
In the main, Teresa's clients are private sector employers. She has an in-depth knowledge of the food, logistics, warehouse and packaging sectors, and has a significant number of clients in these sectors both in the region and nationally.
Teresa prides herself on giving excellent customer service to her clients and ensures the team follow her lead by delivering top quality service. Clients like her down to earth, practical advice.
Teresa has provided strategic and HR advice to a number of the firms' large scale employers on redundancy and re-structure projects including collective redundancies and changes to terms and conditions. With her significant corporate support experience, gained at Hewitsons, she is a valuable part of the team working on acquisitions and mergers alongside the firm's company and commercial team.
She is also regularly involved in senior executive appointments and settlement agreements.
On the contentious side, Teresa prides herself on providing a complete service to her clients by undertaking the advocacy on all but the lengthiest cases. She regularly represents clients in employment tribunal proceedings ranging from unfair dismissal and redundancy to complex discrimination and whistleblowing cases.
Examples of her recent work include:
- Advising a national food business on threatened strike action and the intricate handling of an intertwined grievance and disciplinary matter for a disabled employee who was also alleging race discrimination.
- Providing multiple sessions of on-site interactive discrimination awareness training for a large multi-national company's leadership team, the senior managers and the workforce committee.
- Acting for a household name in a multi-site redundancy and re-organisation project which also involved detrimental changes to terms and conditions, with Union involvement and collective consultation.
- TUPE advice to the winning contractor of a large scale contract awarded by Associated British Ports.
- Representing a number of employers defending holiday pay claims in light of the Bear Scotland decision