Roly is a Partner in the Agricultural department based in our Lincoln offices – and boasts 20 years’ experience in agriculture and commercial matters.
The former Royal Air Force Data Analyst swapped fighter jets for the legal profession – gaining a degree in Law and Management from Lincoln University in 2001.
He qualified with a local law firm and went on to head-up both their Agricultural and Commercial Property departments respectively.
It’s this unique combination of specialisms that gives Roly a leading edge when it comes to agricultural and commercial topics – he can advise on issues such as:
- Land sales and purchases
- Agricultural tenancy (FBT and AHA)
- Commercial tenancies on farmland
- Development of agricultural land (including promotion agreements and joint ventures)
- Renewables including solar arrays, wind farms, anaerobic digesters and biomass boilers
- Planning issues
- Partnership and shareholder agreements.
Roly has written numerous articles about the future of farming and is passionate about embracing new technologies in agriculture while cherishing its traditions.