Michael graduated from the University of Nottingham in 2005 with a 2:1 LLB (Hons) degree in Law and completed the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School with distinction in 2007. Having trained with Wilkin Chapman, he became a partner in August 2016.
Michael is part of the corporate and commercial team and advises on a wide variety of matters including:
- Share and business acquisitions and sales
- Restructuring: including share buybacks and share capital reductions
- Drafting and negotiating contracts: framework agreements, supply and purchase contracts, software licences, agency and franchise agreements
- Commercial advice: reviewing and drafting terms and conditions, non-disclosure agreements and partnership agreements
- Intellectual property advice: trade mark applications and managing client trade mark portfolios
- Charity law: charitable incorporations (CIOs, CLGs), drafting governing documents and advising on corporate governance
- Consumer credit advice: drafting consumer credit agreements
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Company formations: drafting bespoke articles of association and shareholders agreements.