James is a Senior Solicitor in our Dispute Resolution department in Lincoln.
James joined us in 2008 and qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2014. He was admitted as a Solicitor in 2018 after achieving a distinction on the Legal Practice Course and having won the Commercial Litigation prize for the best student on the Commercial Litigation course. James was promoted to Senior Solicitor in 2021.
James takes time to understand his client’s goals from the outset of a matter and adopts a tactical approach to try to resolve matters swiftly and without expensive litigation.
James specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution including the following areas of expertise:
James has a particular interest in commercial disputes, especially claims involving:
- Disputes between shareholders and directors
- Unfair prejudicial conduct petitions under section 994 of the Companies Act 2006
- Director fraud, breach of fiduciary duties and misfeasance
- Partnership breakdown
- Breach of contract
- Breach of warranty
Employment related civil litigation (High Court)
James advises companies and individuals on civil employment related disputes to bring or defend injunction proceedings and claims for damages in the High Court which involve:
- Unlawful team moves between competing employers
- Breaches of restrictive covenants in employment contracts
- Appropriation and misuse of confidential information and documents by former employees and competitors including breaches of the Trade Secrets (Enforcement, etc.) Regulations 2018
- Springboard injunctions
James works closely with our Employment Department to strategically advise companies planning to recruit teams from competitors and individuals who are looking to join competitors so as to avoid or reduce any potential civil liability.
James advises companies and individuals in professional negligence claims against a range of professionals.