Specialist Local Authority Services
We are one of the leading firms for local authority debt recovery, with a dedicated team of 26 specialists offering creditor driven services to meet your needs. Our aim is to establish a long-term relationship with you and for you to have complete trust in us and our expertise.
Our specialist work covers strategies for dealing with static debt and appropriate action to recover debts, including council tax, business rates, property-related debt, social care debt, commercial/sundry debt, housing benefit overpayments, tenant arrears, and salary/pension overpayments.
We also offer advice and representation for liability and avoidance cases, dealing with deceased estates, and dealing with foreign company debtors. We currently represent around 100 local authorities.
We provide an extensive suite of services which can include:
- Free training sessions to enhance insolvency and/or debt recovery knowledge.
- Bespoke letters aimed at challenging delinquent directors.
- Bespoke letters challenging conduct of liquidators.
- Agreed fixed fees for petitioning for bankruptcy/winding up order – for example to stop an ongoing debt problem.
- Representation around contested liability issues – defended liability order applications, applications to set aside liability orders, appeals by way of case stated and Judicial Review.
- Representation in the First Tier Tribunal.
- Formal advice and opinions on liability issues.
- Implementation of strategies for dealing with avoidance tactics and schemes.
- Property related debt recovery.
- Recovery strategies (to include action in the County Court for NDR debt).
- Contested insolvency action.
- Dealing with scenarios around deceased estates.
- Reviews of IVA (and CVA) documentation and providing advice.
- Revisiting any agreed IVA/CVA of which you are a ‘bound’ creditor.
Secure Technology to Support Success
Case Management - Our system provides an environment to create customised collections strategies around your unique requirements. With speed of communication and efficiency at the heart of our service, this system provides a robust and flexible platform to enable us to tailor our services to meet your specific needs.
Online Payment System - Providing debtors with payment options is essential to successful recovery. We have an online payment processing system operating 24/7 which makes it easier for debtors to pay, along with more traditional ways to pay for those that require it maximising payments to creditors.
Client Online Service - You can access all of your accounts and a suite of MI through a secure web portal. Files can also be securely transferred.
MI & KPIs - Client MI needs can be many and varied. We offer flexible and bespoke reporting to suit your requirements.
Complying with regulations is paramount to our services and as such we pay particular attention to:
- Vulnerable debtors
- Financial difficulties
- Mental health guidance
- Treating customers fairly
- Breathing space
- Complaint handling
To download our informative recoveries flow chart - click here