Agriculture & Food
From field to fork, we understand that farming is more than just a job, so whether you’re a farmer or a landowner, you need more than just a lawyer.
Agriculture and the produce the industry creates is vital, both to the economy and in the daily lives of us all. From field to fork, we have experts to cover all your legal needs.
Our location in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, the UK’s agricultural heartland, has seen us supporting farmers and landowners for generations.
Our historical roots within the agricultural community means that we, more than most, understand that farming is more than just a job. So whether you are a farmer or a landowner, you need more than just a lawyer.
How can we help you?
We have the dedicated expertise in specialist agricultural cases, as well as non-farming areas such as diversification, tax planning, probate, family law and conveyancing.
Our sector expertise includes:
- Rural holdings and landed estates - Sales, purchases and mortgages of farms and agricultural land, agricultural tenancies, contract farming arrangements, licences, leases, and CAP.
- Dispute resolution - Contractual disputes, damage to land, crops and machinery, boundary, right of way and tenancy disputes.
- Corporate and commercial - Farming partnerships, incorporations, joint ventures, strategic alliances, demergers, funding arrangements, supply and licensing contractions, general corporate commercial advice.
- Development and construction - Contract drafting, negotiation, party wall notices, commercial arbitration, adjudication, procurement.
- Environmental and regulatory - Representation in prosecutions, compliance issues, contaminated land and water.
- Wills, estates, tax and trusts - Succession planning, transactional tax, land tax, wills, probate, agricultural property relief, succession planning.
- Family - Advice on a full range of family matters including complex cases involving substantial farming assets.
- Renewable energy - Investment development and financing, wind, solar, anaerobic digestions, biomass, renewables crops, onshore easements for major offshore wind projects.
- Restructuring, refinancing, recovery and insolvency - Legal and business experts provide advice and support in difficult times. We provide a service encompassing all the professional advice needed from one firm.
- Employment - Full spectrum of advice in relation to employment and contractual matters including, disciplinaries, grievances, employment contracts, policies and settlement agreements
Why choose us?
Trusted by clients and their families for over 100 years and, as the Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Legal Panel representative for the NFU, look no further for all the legal assistance that you require.
We are winners of the inaugural NFU Legal Panel Excellence Award 2017.
"We are very proud Wilkin Chapman has been awarded the first Legal Panel Excellence Award - It shows the commitment and hard work they put into the relationship." - Gordon Corner, NFU East Midlands Regional Director.