Agriculture & Food
From field to fork, we understand that farming is more than just a job, so whether you’re a farmer or a landowner, you need more than just a lawyer.
From field to fork, our agriculture and food legal experts are here to help you, whether you’re a farmer or landowner across Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire, or further afield.
With over 100 years experience of helping farming families and agricultural businesses, our dedicated agricultural and food sector are here to help you when you need it most.
How can we help you?
Our agriculture and food sector solicitors can advise on personal and business services such as diversification, tax planning, probate, family law and conveyancing.
Our sector expertise includes:
- Rural holdings and landed estates - Sales, purchases and mortgages of farms and agricultural land, agricultural tenancies, contract farming arrangements, licences, leases, and CAP.
- Dispute resolution - Contractual disputes, damage to land, crops and machinery, boundary, right of way and tenancy disputes.
- Corporate and commercial - Farming partnerships, incorporations, joint ventures, strategic alliances, demergers, funding arrangements, supply and licensing contractions, general corporate commercial advice.
- Development and construction - Contract drafting, negotiation, party wall notices, commercial arbitration, adjudication, procurement.
- Environmental and regulatory - Representation in prosecutions, compliance issues, contaminated land and water.
- Wills, estates, tax and trusts - Succession planning, transactional tax, land tax, wills, probate, agricultural property relief, succession planning.
- Family - Advice on a full range of family matters including complex cases involving substantial farming assets.
- Renewable energy - Investment development and financing, wind, solar, anaerobic digestions, biomass, renewables crops, onshore easements for major offshore wind projects.
- Restructuring, refinancing, recovery and insolvency - Legal and business experts provide advice and support in difficult times. We provide a service encompassing all the professional advice needed from one firm.
- Employment - Full spectrum of advice in relation to employment and contractual matters including, disciplinaries, grievances, employment contracts, policies and settlement agreements
Why choose us?
As the NFU's Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Legal Panel representative, w
We are winners of the inaugural NFU Legal Panel Excellence Award 2017.
"We are very proud Wilkin Chapman has been awarded the first Legal Panel Excellence Award - It shows the commitment and hard work they put into the relationship." - Gordon Corner, NFU East Midlands Regional Director.