RIPA & CHIS Training
We can provide specialist Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA) and Covert Human Intelligence Sources (CHIS) training packages, designed especially for local authority authorising officers and applicants.
All our courses can be tailored to your individual needs and can be delivered at your premises, or off-site locations.
Expert delivery of training
The training is delivered by former senior police officers, who were all involved in managing RIPA applications,, operations requiring RIPA authorities, as well as handling and controlling CHIS.
Our trainers can provide you with increased awareness and understanding of the legislation, along with practical 'hands-on' knowledge.
Full day workshop:
Our full day surveillance law, RIPA workshop runs from 10:00 to 16:00 and includes a 30 minute break. The workshop covers:
- The law and practice regarding covert directed surveillance
- An update on changes to the Regulations of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA) as a result of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- The most recent codes of practice for Covert Human Intelligence Sources (CHIS) and other surveillance activity
- Relevant case law and guidance issued by the Office of Surveillance Commissioners (OSC)
Half day workshop:
Our half day workshop runs from 10:00 to 13:00 and includes a 15 minute break. Its content is very similar to the full day workshop (but in a condensed format). The course covers the main practical provisions of:
- Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
Who should attend?
The training is aimed at officers engaged in public prosecutions, RIPA and CHIS authorising officers, senior responsible officers, gatekeepers, applicants, CHIS controllers and CHIS handlers, central authorities bureau personnel and authority legal officers.
To find out more...
Simply call us on: 01472 262626 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org