Trade marks and Intellectual Property
Our specialist intellectual property experts are equipped to help you protect your business's trademarks, logo, ideas, and products from infringement.
The preservation and utilisation of intellectual property is vital to businesses of all sizes. Our team of professionals have the required skills and experience to support and advise your business, to enable you to utilise your intellectual property and safeguard it from being copied or stolen.
Intellectual property (IP) can be one of the most valuable assets a business can have. At Wilkin Chapman, we have many years of experience in offering clients practical and commercial advice on a range of matters, including:
- the registration and protection of trade marks (including ‘logo’ or ‘device’ marks) and design rights;
- the exploitation of IP rights, including through trade mark and patent licences, software licence agreements and software as a service (SaaS) agreements - from the perspective of both licensors and licensees;
- providing support on the unlawful use or disclosure of confidential information;
- drafting and negotiating confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements;
- the establishment and maintenance of franchises;
- providing IP “audits”; advising on how best clients may protect and manage their IP portfolios; and
- handling an extensive caseload of IP litigation, including dealing with both the sending and receipt of “cease & desist” letters.
Where required, we work closely alongside patent attorneys to provide up-to-date guidance on the protection of new business products, processes and features, including through patent applications.
Our specialist intellectual property experts are equipped to help you to protect and exploit your business's trade marks, logos, ideas and products.