Construction & Engineering
Our specialist team of construction and engineering legal experts can help and advise you with a wide range of construction and engineering projects.
Our solicitors have extensive experience of working with and providing advice to a broad client base, including: the construction, civil engineering, process engineering, power and waste industries. The team is also experienced in working with residential and commercial developers, contractors, civil and structural engineers and defence contractors.
The lawyers in our construction and engineering team can advise on projects from inception through to design and construction.
- Reviewing main contracts and sub-contracts and preparing and negotiating bespoke terms.
- Preparation and review of Collateral Warranties, Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees, Novations, Professional Appointments and Funding Agreements.
- Preparation and submission of tenders for government projects and those governed by the OJEU procedure.
Commercial contract advice during a project and advising on management of risk.
- Advising on disputes and appropriate exit strategies.
- Advising on final account close out and pursuing claims for variations and extensions of time / loss & expense.
- Advising on liability for defects.
- Pursuing ADR procedures such as mediation, expert determination and early neutral evaluation.
- Financial recovery through adjudications, arbitrations and litigation.
- Pursuing recovery through insolvency procedure.
- Advice on CIS, and Industrial Training Board and Environment Agency compliance.
- Advice on Health & Safety including CDM and HSE issues.
- Advice on Planning and Party Wall Act issues.
- Recovery of tender costs for government/OJEU projects.
- Standard form construction & engineering contracts including JCT, NEC 2&3, GC/works, ICE, MF/1, IChemE, FIDIC and PPC 2000.